Designed in conjunction with Grand Idea Studio, the the Parallax Laser Range Finder (LRF) Module is a distance-measuring instrument that uses laser technology to calculate the distance to a targeted object. The design uses a Propeller processor, CMOS camera, and laser diode to create a low-cost laser range finder. Distance to a targeted object is calculated by optical triangulation using simple trigonometry between the centroid of laser light, camera, and object.
- Compact module with integrated CMOS camera and laser system
- Optimal measurement range of 6–48 inches (15–122 cm) with an accuracy error <5%,
- Maximum object detection distance of ~8 feet (2.4 meters)
- Range finding sample rate of 1 Hz with V1.0 firmware; 5 Hz with V2.0 firmware (See Details tab
for more information)
- Single row, 4-pin, 0.1” header for easy connection to a host system
- Distance or liquid level measurements
- Object detection and/or avoidance
- Item counting
Note: DANGER! Class IIIa Laser Product, 3 mW Maximum Output @ 635 nm, Avoid Direct Eye Exposure.