Build your own rolling robot with a BASIC Stamp 2 microcontroller brain. Just follow the clear, step-by-step instructions and illustrations with the included book, Robotics with the Boe-Bot. No programming or electronics experience is needed!
The Boe-Bot Robot takes about 1-2 hours to put together. Each project in the Robotics text provides a unique new experience of wiring and source code tuning. Completing the entire set of projects takes 50 hours and is suitable for anybody over 13 years of age. The USB Board of Education (and BS2-IC) may also be removed to be used as your platform for the other kits in the Stamps in Class series.
You can find Boe-Bot robots in middle and high schools, vocational schools and colleges, robotics clubs, and hobbyists’ homes. They are great companions for learning or teaching technology, mechatronics, and STEM programs. It's also an approved platform for the Boy Scouts of America Robotics Merit Badge. This kit can be used as a California A-G approved elective course. Assesment material is available to verified educators; contact email@example.com for details.
- Beginner-friendly - No programming experience needed
- Open platform - Exposed circuitry allows you to learn and create your own electronic circuits
- Solder-free - Experiment with custom circuits on the breadboard (no special-brand
- Understandable - Included text provides easy-to-follow tutorials
- Programmable - PBASIC is easy to learn and introduces concepts found in most programming
- Autonomous - Touch, light and infrared sensors let the Boe-Bot navigate on its own
- Expandable - Additional sensors and hardware expansion kits are available to get the most our
of your robot
- Affordable - Priced for 1-2 students per robot, with no additional fees for software or